Technology is a critical component of today's workplaces, from dynamic digital signage to high-speed WiFi networks in flexible work spaces. Collaboration and connectivity are expected.
Yet more often than not, technology planning is postponed until FF&E, and that creates significant risks, like budget gaps when financial decisions don't include realistic costs for the client's must-have technology list or increased construction costs and project delays due to overlooked infrastructure requirements.
- How can design teams improve planning and budgeting for technology at the design phase?
- How can design-stage planning improve technology functionality for new construction as well as tenant-improvement projects?
- Why is it important to develop an accurate technology budget early in the design process?
Find out September 14 during the AIA Munch and Earn tour from noon to 1:30 p.m. at the new Technology Studios at Integrated Building Systems, 950 Michigan Avenue, Columbus OH 43215.
Equal parts showroom and design lab, the Technology Studios feature idea-inspiring mock-ups of the integrated technology solutions required for today’s intelligent buildings.
As you tour a model training room, conference room, and demonstration center, you’ll gain insights into improving the design, planning, and budgeting of critical technology solutions, including audio-visual, sound masking, digital signage, and in-building communications systems.
AIA members will earn 1.5 HSW LU credits for this tour. The learning objectives are:
- Identify current applications and trends for audio-visual systems (including digital signage, sound masking, and collaboration) as well as the impact of building materials, furniture selection, and design on AV.
- Understand design issues that impact the effectiveness of in-building communications solutions, including distributed antenna systems for cellular coverage and first responder and public safety systems.
- Understand how data cabling management systems can improve space planning and safety while enhancing a clean interior finish.
Register for this event on the AIA Columbus website.
Interested but unable to attend the September 14 event? Contact Integrated Building Systems to schedule a visit to the Technology Studios with your firm.
Integrated Building Systems offers AIA-approved CE courses on a variety of technology topics, including audio-visual solutions for conference rooms, sound masking in modern architecture, and new building code requirements for first responder communications.