A new study of the lifestyle, spending habits, and technology priorities of the Millennial generation reveals some compelling results:
- 51% of Millennials helped their parents with technology in the past year, whereas only 3% said they remembered needing help themselves.
- 50% of Millennials said they would pay 5% of their annual salary for super-fast internet for one year, compared to 22% of Baby Boomers.
- Two-thirds of Millennials (67%) agreed or strongly agreed that social media is their major form of social communication, compared with only one-third (35%) of Baby Boomers.
What does this mean for your business?
- It's time to embrace the communications behavior of Millennials. This group will soon dominate global markets with their purchasing power.
- Get ready for their connectivity and mobility needs. Millennials expect to universal access to high-quality internet connectivity, especially for streaming content.
During this TechTalk, we'll discuss the steps you should be taking today to get your network and workplace ready to support Millennials.