Say hello to Shannon Dembeck, who joined the IBS team as a Permit Coordinator in 2015.
Each day in the Permitting and CAD department, Shannon nimbly manages right-of-way applications, easement research, and communications with area municipalities so that clients' projects are in compliance with local code requirements.
Her focus: Create value
Shannon's focus is on creating value and delivering it to her highest ability. "With that thought being top-of-mind every day, it ensures that my clients' projects move forward and stay on or ahead of schedule," she said.
While working in a high-tech industry, Shannon values personal interactions with clients. She explained: "It's always great when we can foster personal relationships with clients. As a recent addition to the IBS team, it gives me the opportunity to put a face with a name, to get to know people I interact with daily, and to offer the best service possible."
"Dedicated" is the one word Shannon uses to describe herself. Her IBS colleagues agree, and add "vibrant, fun, conscientious, a quick study, and energetic."
Get to know Shannon
- First job: cashier (nee "taste tester") for family-owned Candy Palace in her hometown of Solon, Ohio
- Peculiar childhood pet: Chilean rose-haired tarantula named Flo
- Favorite book: "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho
- Go-to restaurant: Village Wines in Canal Winchester, though she loves exploring new, non-chain establishments
- Favorite spot: the beach, with D.C. a close second
- Family: Husband Phil, teenage sons Carson and Cameron, two dogs
- Supports: Canal Winchester Human Services, for providing great social services like a food pantry, senior citizen transportation, and community outreach
- Unique: trained and certified in Integrative Yoga Therapy, master certification in Usui Reiki
- Can't say no to: Swedish Fish
Get in touch
Use the form on our Contact page to get in touch with Shannon.
Learn more about the permitting and CAD capabilities at IBS.