Integrated Building Systems is a technology consulting firm in Columbus, Ohio, and our mission is to make buildings smarter! We help commercial and industrial organizations make wise investments in the technology solutions their business needs to succeed. Founded in 1993, we offer technology consulting, design, and integration for voice, data, video, and security solutions. We are seeking a full-time Business Development Manager to join our Business Development and Marketing Team.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for an excellent communicator who is confident, a great listener, and patient yet determined in pursuing a long sales cycle. This person is equally comfortable with spontaneous as well as planned conversations and presentations, and can easily champion our company brand and technology solutions at networking events.
This position requires someone who understands the nuance of consultative sales and who is able to communicate our capabilities and value to people in a wide variety of professional roles and industries. Enjoying an ever-changing array of customer industries and profiles is a must.
When describing the ideal person for this role, the words that immediately come to mind are creative, knowledgeable, persistent, responsible, trustworthy, and resilient.
Your daily pursuits:
On a daily basis you will pursue best-practice prospecting through cold calling, email, social media, meeting for coffee, attending events, and other effective strategies. You know that building a funnel is about methodical yet creative effort. Adapting tactics and tailoring messages in order to serve the customer’s needs are foundational skills.
You must effectively communicate our ability to help architects, mechanical engineers, general contractors, and customers overcome problems, make wise technology investments, and capitalize on opportunities through the building of great technology designs, solutions, and partnerships.
Integrated Building Systems is a team-centric work culture. You will work with the Business Development and Marketing Team to achieve weekly and quarterly goals for communication outreach, sales, and customer service. You will also work closely with sales engineers and project managers to coordinate proposals for all kinds of technology solutions.
Your core responsibilities:
- Build relationships with decision-makers at mid-size to large organizations and with vendor and partner organizations.
- Develop and manage sales strategies to accomplish the company’s new business objectives.
- Identify, pursue, and close qualified opportunities.
- Lead presentations and coordinate proposals with sales engineers.
- Serve as a primary point of connection for new and existing customers.
- Genuine passion for technology, problem solving, and customer service.
- 3 to 5 years of sales and business development experience.
- A robust network in the professional services industry or related field, such as facility management, construction, contract furniture, office moving, or information technology.
- Success in managing a long sales cycle.
- Confidence in disqualifying prospects as well as deferring opportunities according to the company’s goals and objectives.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent account development and account management abilities.
- Ability to travel within Central Ohio as needed.
- College degree preferred but the right work experience will be considered.
- Ease with using Windows, ACT or a comparable CRM.
Rewards and benefits:
At Integrated Building Systems, we’re proud to support our team members with personal and professional rewards and benefits, including:
- A team-centric, supportive work environment where we take pride in our “can-do” attitude and ability to solve problems and offer comprehensive solutions. We live by the mantra, “Do what you say you will do.”
- A 25-year history of business success and a strong reputation as a trustworthy partner.
- Base salary plus commission for this position.
- Full-time employment with a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and 401K.
- Commitment to your success, including training, feedback, and professional development.
Interested in joining our team? Here’s how to apply:
Write a letter explaining why you're interested and how your background reflects the job responsibilities and qualifications. Send your letter and a resume to Rebecca Chapman, Marketing Manager, at rchapman@IBSwebsite.com or 950 Michigan Avenue, Columbus OH 43215. References should be available on request.
Integrated Building Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.